Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Move, A Horse, and Summertime

I have no excuse for my failure to write posts...We have officially moved to Fairmont now. We loaded up and made the trek down on May 14th. We are currently living with Matt's mom & dad as our house will not be done until Fall. I absolutely can not wait to have a space to call our own again! Don't get me wrong, both hosts (Kate, and now the Streit's) have been more than gracious and welcoming, but I am ready for my own space! The move did bring us some sunshine, and warmer temps than we have experienced in a LONG time. I love it. Still no job for me, but continue to look. I do love my time home with Allie but I'm sure she is getting sick of hanging out with mom and is longing for some playmates her own age. Ours days stay full with a long morning walk around Lake Sisseton (with a coffee break 1/2 way-Matt's office is just a block off the path), lots of playing and coloring, and tons of time outside! We have also retaken up golf, 3 rounds now in the past 3 weeks and after 17 years of not golfing, I have quite enjoyed it again! Below are some pics of little miss Allie...

Her first experience going in a sprinkler. She loved it! Hope she loves swimming lessons just as much as she starts next week! We're hoping for a little fish who loves the water!

Here she is driving her tractor. She has adapted quite nicely to farm life, and is forever dirty. If we are outside and she "disappears", we can always find her in one of the flower gardens or at the edge of the field playing in the dirt!
And here she is with her favorite toy of the moment: "GoGo". She rides her pony ALL over the house, and often insists on wearing her tutu when doing it. She is definitely a character!

Well, I guess that is our lives in a nutshell. I promise to be better at this as time goes on. I'll update the house progress and post pics also!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Gosh, she is SO cute!!